[Air-l] request for leads on online behavior

Ben Davidson bendavidson at totalise.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 11:08:57 PST 2002

Girija,

The Internet and the Large Group
http://www.bendavidson.co.uk/professional_pages/publications/articles/lrgegrp.htm

This addresses 2. and 3. to an extent.  It includes a case study discourse around a professional issue of interest to an online community of health professionals, which offered tangible benefits in terms of dissemination of best practice, and it looks at interpersonal dynamics in online groups in some detail.

Interpersonal dynamics are also addressed extensively in this paper:
Community Unconscious on the Internet
http://www.groupintervisual.net/hosting/ga-special-issue/papers/haim.htm

and here:
Technological Possibilities in a New Age
http://www.groupintervisual.net/hosting/ga-special-issue/papers/aldon.htm

Ben