[Air-l] internet histories?

Joan Korenman korenman at umbc.edu
Thu Mar 21 05:35:16 PST 2002

--On Thursday, March 21, 2002 7:44 AM -0500 radhika gajjala
<radhika at cyberdiva.org> wrote:

> Can anyone share with me how many kinds of Internet Histories have
> been written, told, narrated - sources, citations etc?

I don't know how many there are, but one good one is Janet Abbate's
_Inventing the Internet_ , published by MIT Press in 1999.  Abbate is
currently working on a history of women in computing, I think.

	Joan

        Joan Korenman, Director
        Center for Women & Information Technology
        Baltimore, MD 21250  USA
        korenman at umbc.edu
        http://www.umbc.edu/cwit/