[Air-l] Re: Lachlan Brown

Bram Dov Abramson bda at bazu.org
Thu Mar 21 11:30:18 PST 2002

Steve Fox (NLG):
>One thing out of this that I find extremely interesting, though, is how
>the online community governs itself? How does this governance work
>through our collective perceptions of the community, and can online
>communities "survive" without a structured model of governance?

(1) ... without a structured model of something, anyway.  You call it
"governance".  Others may like "gardening".

(2) Whether or not there *is* a structured model of governance depends on
the analyst.  Structure is always there, anyway.  It's really imho a
question of two things, understanding what structures are going on
(research) and figuring out what structures you want to see going on given
your goals, hopes, ethics (policy).

unusually prolific (I'll stop now),
Bram