[Air-l] african internet research

Lokman Tsui mail at lokman.nu
Thu Mar 21 18:38:45 PST 2002

Hi Robert,

> Thank you very much for the info.

You're welcome.

> I'm mostly interested in the cultural differences and similarities between
> African usage and Northern/Westerner usage. My thesis is about
> nation-buliding and the diaspora on a West African listserv. I take more
> of an anthropoligical approach to the subject.

In that case, try the following link:
http://www.westafricareview.com/war/vol1.1/bastian.pdf
Misty Bastian, Nationalism in a Virtual Space: Immigrant Nigerians
on the Internet. West Africa Review (1999). Also has
references at the end.

Cheers,
Lokman Tsui - currently looking and applying for Ph.D
National Taiwan University / Leiden University