[Air-l] "Death" of a website

rsiddall rsiddall at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Tue Mar 26 11:02:33 PST 2002

AOIR:
I am working on a project in which I am looking at several activism
websites that were the home of a great deal of communication (bbs,
chats, etc.) for a period of a few years, but whose activity has since
dwindled to nothing. This despite the fact that the organization they were
so boldly against still exists and still operates as it always has. My guess
at this stage of the project is that I will use current community/identity
research as a way to explain this phenomenon, but I wanted to throw this
out to the list: Is anyone aware of instances in which this research has
been used as I intend it? And/or are there other approaches you may be
aware of that I am missing and which would better inform my paper? Your
help is appreciated.

Ralph Siddall
ralph-siddall at uiowa.edu

Ralph W. Siddall