[Air-l] re: Lachlan's CV (or stepping OVER the line)

cnelson at comm.umass.edu cnelson at comm.umass.edu
Sat Mar 16 13:54:58 PST 2002

I want to register my strong agreement with Mary Gray's recommendation that people on the list pointedly ignore those who contribute in an offensive manner. I am
on another list that was at one time visited by someone who could only generously be described as offensive, and he reformed when others were finally persuaded
to quit responding to him, REGARDLESS of the merit of any individual post he contributed, while he was still sending offensive posts.

I also want to register my strong agreement with Rob Furr that some guidelines be posted, that those who violate these guidelines be notified, and that those who
repeatedly fail to heed such warnings be blocked from list participation.

Finally, I would like to request that one of the guidelines state that sexually harassing behavior is prohibited, and that posting come ons, whether meant satirically or
not, will be considered harassment.

--Christian Nelson