[Air-l] trans-national diaspora networks

John Daly dalyj at erols.com
Sun Mar 17 10:00:27 PST 2002

Christina wrote:

> It would be great if we could all hook up, either at a future AoIR
> conference (a panel?) and/or off-list.

Sounds good to me. Would anyone be interested in working on a topic page
for the Development Gateway for Diaspora Communities? I think there
might be benefits for the various communities to have a place to share
experience.

http://www.developmentgateway.org/

Also another example: I have been reading a proposal to create
telecenters in Guidimakha region of Moritania which involves migrant
associations IDS (Immigration Development Sahel) and UAGF (Union of
migrant Associations from Guidimakha in France) as well as the French
appropriate technology NGO, GRET, and Alcatel. In part the project is
justified as enhancing communication from the expatriates back to their
currently unwired homefolk.

--
John Daly
http://www.geocities.com/stconsultant/