[Air-l] advice requested regarding web archiving programs

nisaacson at sociology.rutgers.edu nisaacson at sociology.rutgers.edu
Sat Mar 9 16:27:57 PST 2002

I'm hoping this people on this list might give me some advice.  Briefly, I am a
post-doctoral sexuality research fellow at the Social Science Research Council
and I'm studying online sex education for adolescents.  I am doing a survey of
sex ed web sites and I'm looking for a good program in order to download and
archive the sites.  WebRecord Research Pro Version 2.0 had been recommended to
me, but it is no longer available.  I've looked at some others, but I wanted to
know if anyone had any recommendations or thoughts on this topic.  I'm using 5
different search engines to generate the web site list so I'm not really looking
for a program that operates as a metasearch engine; I basically want to be able
to archive the sites and perhaps do some simple searching offline although most
likely I will code the sites while online.

Thank you for your help.

Nicky Isaacson

nisaacson at sociology.rutgers.edu