[Air-l] trans-national diaspora networks

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 11 05:15:18 PST 2002

Folks,
I'd be grateful if anyone could point me to their (or others') work about
how the Internet links trans-national diasporic communities where some
folks have migrated from the home country and others haven't. I'm mostly
interested in email, but also Internet phone, web boards, Usenet, et al.

En passant, the lovely Monsoon Wedding has some nice offhand references to
this, as the families come from Houston, Dubai, etc. for a Delhi wedding.

Pls reply to me personally, and I will then summarize for the list.

 Barry

  wellman at chass.utoronto.ca   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman