[Air-l] sociology is not scientific

Ellis Godard ellisgodard at starband.net
Mon Mar 11 09:50:27 PST 2002

Sociology as I do it is certainly scientific, yes. Not all of those who call
themselves sociologists, consider themselves scientists. Some consider
themselves non- and even anti-scientific - even some of are so in a
scientific manner.

No, I did not mean that MA's should be for social sciences and humanities.
IMHO, MA vs MS should convey mastery of an approach (such as humanistic vs
scientific) not a disciplinary grouping by historical accident.

Perhaps you meant your reply to address Thomas' original post?