[Air-l] On-line personals/net-dating/mail-order brides

Charlie Breindahl hitch at hum.ku.dk
Tue Mar 19 06:00:30 PST 2002

In Denmark, at least, it seems that more and more people are searching for partners on the Internet. The total number of ads on-line in Danish is approaching the number of singles in the country (approximately 900.000). Those numbers are fraught with inconsistencies, of course. Still, measured in page views, contact sites are among the busiest Danish sites overall.

I suspect that the situation in the rest of Europe and North America is similar to this. I am going to write a paper about the situation in the Nordic region in the next few weeks. If anybody on AIR-L has information to share about this subject from _anywhere_ in the world, please let me know off-list and I will summarize for AIR-L in a few weeks from now.

Best and thanks!
Charlie
--
Charlie Breindahl
Ph.D. Student, Copenhagen + Malmö

Web:    http://staff.hum.ku.dk/hitch/
        http://www.creativeenvironments.mah.se/
Phone:  +45 35 32 81 19 or +46 40 665 71 51
Mobile: +45 51 92 15 98
E-mail: hitch at hum.ku.dk

"For the modern Don Quixote, the windmills have been preprogrammed to turn into knights"
        - Janet H. Murray