[Air-l] Lachlan Brown & Free Speech

robert m. tynes rtynes at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 20 20:30:31 PST 2002

My points concerning Lachlan had nothing to do with Freedom of Speech. I
am more interested in the underlying discourse that many members of the
list assume we all agree upon. But what is that common discourse? I have
no idea. But I'm curious to find out. Obviously, for some of us, it might
involve the concept of Free Speech. For others, the discourse might be
about language games. For others, it might be about unencumbered
scholarship.

Jameson might say, language is a prison-house, especially on-line.

What is it on aoir?

-Robert