[Air-l] Learning from Lachlan

radhika gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Thu Mar 21 04:56:36 PST 2002

golly - looks like I've missed some real fun stuff (I think I got derailed
because of a bouncing account).

and who decides this "broad range" might i ask?

>My interest in the Internet is that it has been, is and gives the appearance
>of being a profoundly transformative technology.  Determining the nature of
>that transformation, its boundaries, its impacts and its limitations is for
>me a very significant task, both in its own right but also and perhaps most
>importantly because this can help us as teachers and as citizens influence
>and guide this development in socially meaningful and useful ways.
>
>To be useful in those areas, as "Internet Researchers" we must I think, be
>open to the broadest range of ideas (and not rush too soon to closure around
>what is meaningful or valuable) and we must be willing and able to use the
>full capacity of the Net to sustain and enable meaningful interactions
>across wide distances both physical and social.
>
>Mike Gurstein
>
>Michael Gurstein, Ph.D.
>(Visiting) Professor: School of Management
>New Jersey Institute of Technology
>Newark, NJ

___________
Radhika Gajjala
Bowling Green State University

http://personal.bgsu.edu/~radhik
http://www.cyberdiva.org
http://lingua.utdallas.edu:7000/4425/

"I am not erudite enough to be interdisciplinary, but I can break rules" -
Spivak, 1999.

"Just bear in mind, darling: Write Mortal. Think Witch" - Endora from
"Bewitched"

_____