[Air-l] Ethnic Spamming?? -- FWD:lakhani, incredible cricket software released!]

Karim R. Lakhani lakhani at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 24 11:31:08 PST 2002

Hi All,

This spam came as a real surprise to me.  Somehow these guys have
figured out that I am of South Asian descent and assumed that I like
cricket and thus my absolute need for "cricket score software."

AFAIK, I have not signed up to any "indian" or "pakistani" or south
asian websites, they must have dredged e-mail addresses and then matched
them with ethnic names.

Anyone else come across this fine grained spamming?

best,

Karim

cricinfo123 at btv.org wrote:

> This will change the way you get cricket scores in your computer!
>
> Until now, you had to visit slow and tedious websites to get live ball
> by ball commentary...
>
> With this revolutionary software, you will never be stuck at those
> slow websites to get live score updates.
>
> The CricketBar relays simple commentary and ball by ball score
> directly to your desktop in a small window strip that you can dock at
> the botrtom or top of your screen.
>
> You continue to surf other sites or use your computer for whatever you
> want, while the score is relayed to you without interrupting your work.
> This is so good, that within a few days we've had over 7000 users!
>
> With CricketBar you can now work and have fun at the same time!
>
> Get your FREE copy now at  >>>
> http://www.cricketbar.com/ref.asp?re=sonal

Karim R. Lakhani
MIT Sloan School of Management