[Air-l] looking for some leads

Sarah Hendrica Bickerton sarah_hendrica at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 11:22:33 PST 2002

Hi everyone,

I suppose I should introduce myself before asking for help, as I just
joined the list =)

My name is Sarah Bickerton and I am a PhD student in the Sociology
Department at the University of Illinois at Chicago, working a bit under
Steve Jones in the Department of Communication here. I did my
undergraduate study at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New
Zealand, where I did physics and sociology with dabbles in computer
science before doing my MA thesis in sociology on articulations of
embodiment in an online community. My research interests are
qualitative, namely gender, sexuality, politics, poststructural identity
work, with an overarching focus on online social interaction (hence
Steve getting me to subscribe to the list).

Okays, now that I have that done, on to the help asking *smile*

I am trying to put together a literature review on research of gay and
lesbian
experiences online for my PhD dissertation that I am starting soon on if
coming out as gay or lesbian online alter's one's conceptions of those
identities. However, I am coming up shallow on material for the lit
review, which bodes well for my research later, but hardly well for the
review.

This is most probably because of not looking in the right places. As
such I was just wondering if any of you could point me in the direction
of places to go look for research done on gay and lesbian experiences
online? Any databases, etc that you can think of, or articles that you
know of. I would really appreciate any assistance at all that anyone
could provide.

Here's to joining the list.

thanks,
Sarah

Sarah Hendrica Bickerton

"Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are
crunchy and go well with ketchup."  - Anon

email:	sarah_hendrica at yahoo.com
icq#:38209213 MSN: sarah_hendrica
AIM: kiwidragongurl Yahoo!: sarah_hendrica