[Air-l] trans-national diaspora networks

Ben Davidson bendavidson at totalise.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 15:28:50 PST 2002

Some of my UK, Jewish family, cousins of mine, developed a website that was
a second resurrection of a family magazine originally started in the late
'50's.  Ther were only ever four issues of the magazine, two in the '50's,
and two (it's first resurrection, by a new generation of the family) in the
'early 80's.  In the late '90's, some members of the family put the magazine
onto the Internet, where it is updated about every six months with news,
archive material, etc.  During this time, some distant cousins from
Poland/Lithuania made contact via the website to enquire if we were related.
It turns out they are the sole surviving members of a branch of the family
that was entirely wiped out in the holocaust, we had thought

Would you be interested in pursuing this further?  If so, contact me
off-list.

Ben