[Air-l] Re: responses re: my Q about cellular phones & digital divide

Bram Dov Abramson bda at bazu.org
Tue May 21 09:56:54 PDT 2002

myildiz at indiana.edu:
>These are the responses I got to my question regarding the use of mobile
>phones for bridging the digital gap/ divide especially in developing
>countries. Enjoy!

Maybe one more useful resource is the ITU-D's indicators programme,
then.  As I understand it, they administer an annual questionnaire to
members administrations which, linked with some off-the-cuff data gathering
of their own, helps them compile annual country-by-country statistics
showing "main lines" (wireline subscriptions), mobile phones, penetration,
etc.:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/ict/statistics/

cheers
Bram