[Air-l] re: internet history?

gotved at mit.edu gotved at mit.edu
Tue Nov 26 11:04:46 PST 2002

David and others,

In my classes, I've used the different waves of users to shape the history of
the net; see Guise 1998: 'Looking Backward and Forward at the Internet' in The
Information Society 14(3). It's another angle and rather simple - and good to
take the discussions beyond the technology in itself. However - sometimes I
wonder if it isn't too early to grasp the net's history; we might need some
more 'time distance' to recognize/reconstruct the patterns of importance...

Stine