[Air-l] attention Graduate Students - list for you!

Lisbeth Klastrup klastrup at it-c.dk
Tue Nov 26 14:46:09 PST 2002

This mail is primarily intended for A.o.I.R Graduate Students*

I am happy to announce the very recently established air-grad list, one
supplement to the air-list for those among you who are interested in
discussing graduate student specific matters and who wants to help build a
stronger network between the A.o.I.R graduate student members. For
instance by sharing links and information about each others projects, or
discussing graduate student initiatives for coming conferences. - An
opening discussion could for instance be thoughts on the future use of the
list!

General information and sign-up for the mailing list can be found at:

Those signed up can post to the list-address
air-grad at aoir.org.

The executive committee has agreed that future air-grad list
administrators will be the graduate student member in the executive
commitee, which is currently yours truly :).
It should also be noted that if you have any complaints about the list as
such, they can be directed to list-complaints at aoir.org.

I hope to read many of you on the list in the future and hear your opinions
on how we can strengthen the A.o.I.R graduate student community!

greetings,
Lisbeth Klastrup

* There might be those amongst you who wonder what a graduate student is?
(at some point I at least was somewhat confused....). As far as I
understand,  in U.S. English a graduate student is a student who has
completed his/her first degree - this is the equivalent to what is also
known as a "postgraduate student" in U.K. English. A graduate student
might well be a "Ph.D. candidate" or "Ph.D. Scholar" which is in practice
equivalent to a graduate student in some European countries, where an
university education normally only yields one degree as "candidate", after
which you go on to become a "ph.d. candidate". The list is of course open
to graduate students of all forms.

Lisbeth Klastrup
Ph. D. scholar
Dept. of Digital Aesthetics and Communication
IT University of Copenhagen

www.itu.dk/people/klastrup