[Air-l] Perceived Interactivity

Jmarks930 at aol.com Jmarks930 at aol.com
Thu Nov 7 14:21:43 PST 2002

Greetings everyone,

My name is Julie Marks, and I am a Ph.D. candidate at the University of North Carolina's School of Public Health. Broadly, my dissertation research is a comparison of Web and print media for health promotion among teens. I am particularly interested in how information processing and persuasion may differ based on perceptions of interactivity of the communication medium.

To that end, I am working on developing a reliable and valid scale of Perceived Interactivity that can be used across different media. To date, I have only found measures of interactivity developed for "new media" (i.e. Web or interactive CD ROM). Are any of you familiar with the Interactivity literature, or have you seen a scale which assesses Interactivity of more traditional media, such as print?(Yes, print can be interactive too).

Best Regards,

Julie T. Marks
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Nutrition