[Air-l] Re: Second post in Britain

Kartik Pashupati kpashupa at mailer.fsu.edu
Thu Nov 14 09:21:28 PST 2002

I am a long-time lurker on this list, and I have followed this thread with
interest.

While I was in London this summer, there was much hand-wringing in
traditional circles about the decision by Consignia (the "corporation" that
has now renamed itself "Royal Mail!") to drop the second mail delivery
starting 2002. A sample news story (from the Telegraph):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/06/14/npost14.xml

People in favor of the decision to drop the "second post" questioned the
need for this time-honored tradition in an era of fax and Internet
communication.