[Air-l] monthly executive list summary

Ulla Bunz bunz at scils.rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 21 06:59:18 PDT 2002

Hi all!

This month, the executive is not sending you the normal general report
due to much face time in Maastricht, and an executive committee meeting
report to be sent soon. Below you will find my regular summary of the
executive Listserve. Later today (I'm hoping) I will post the minutes of
the general meeting held in Maastricht, and in a day or so I'll post the
minutes of the executive committee's Maastricht meeting.

Ulla Bunz (Secretary)

This month on the exec list:

September 12 - October 18, 2002

*	Continued discussion of co-chairs for conference or program for
Toronto in 2003. Issue was resolved by keeping Liss Jeffrey as the
conference chair, appointing Matt Allen as the program chair, and David
Mitchell as co-program chair with special responsibilities for keynote
speakers and conference theme.
*	Suggestions for keynote speakers that are shared with Liss
Jeffrey and will be shared with air-meet, which is where discussion and
decisions take place.
*	Discussion about decision power between the executive committee
and the conference committee (basically: who has the last word about
what). Conference committee decides on theme, and proposes final keynote
list to exec, which (in previous years) has always approved it. Program
committee takes care of the program. Air-meet and the executive
committee review the call for papers before it goes out.
*	Agreement to re-vitalize air-meet, the conference planning
Listserve. (Currently, air-meet is very active with great contributions
by Liss Jeffrey, Toronto conference chair, and Matt Allen, Toronto
program chair).
*	Discussion about putting conference papers online. Does
submission imply permission to put it online? Does that include email
addresses? Do we make it public, or members only available? These
questions were solved at the conference during a FTF meeting. Papers
will be posted on the website for members only. In the future, when you
submit your paper you will be asked to provide (or not) permission to us
to put it online. More info will be available on air-l soon.
*	Revision of the general meeting agenda and the executive
committee agenda compiled by the secretary.
*	Decision to designate Matt Allen as the person who writes
regular conference updates (postcards) to air-l.

Ulla Bunz

Assistant Professor

Department of Communication

Rutgers University