[Air-l] Undergraduate HTML text

Nicole Ellison nellison at csustan.edu
Fri Oct 25 21:04:06 PDT 2002

Greetings AoIRfolk,

I'm looking for a good text to use in an undergraduate web production class
(Comm Dept)-- something technically sound but accessible, preferably
grounded in some solid design principles. Any suggestions? Has anyone used
Weinman's creative
html design.2?

Also, the last time I taught a web production class was four years ago, and
I know things have changed since then (it was a straight HTML class, no
stylesheets even!). I'd love to hear from others who have more recent
experience both teaching and coding. What languages/skills/technologies/etc.
do you consider to be crucial nowadays? As in, "You'd be doing those
students a HUGE disservice if they leave the course without
learning --X---!"

Thanks,
Nicole