[Air-l] transportation from Maastricht airport?

Frank Thomas frank.thomasftr at free.fr
Thu Oct 10 08:00:30 PDT 2002

I guess there should be a public bus line.

The web site says:
from Maastricht
... then take Hermes-Bus no. 61, alight at stop,
"Luchthaven/airport" (on Sunday, no line 61, take line 51 instead).
Interliner  Maastricht No 420 +421.
Tel.++31(0)900/9292
If  you call people will in general understand English.

another website says:
To reach Maastricht by plain and arrive at Maastricht-Aachen Airport
Through KLM (or one of its partners) you can purchase a so-called
"Add-on ticket" to Maastricht Airport. Please check with your local
travel agency whether the type of ticket you buy to Amsterdam allows you
to purchase this add-on ticket. You can always buy a separate ticket to
Airport Maastricht, but this is quite expensive.

In the event that you miss our assistant, the best thing for you to do
is to get a taxi either directly to the Guesthouse (if applicable), or
to Maastricht Central Railway Station. The estimated taxi costs are EUR20.

http://www.mph.unimaas.nl/7.a%20travel_to_maastricht%20airport.htm

130 Euros is the price for a train return ticket from Paris to
Maastricht, I think. So they tried to sell a stage coach ride, with an
overnight in a chateau.

Groetjes,

Frank Thomas

Charles Ess wrote:

>I know it's a little late, but...
>
>I've checked (and reserved) a ride from the Maastricht airport to my hotel
>in Maastricht (Le Roi) with the service recommended by our intrepid and
>amazing conference organizers (thanks again, Monica!) -
>All Airportservice
>
>The price for a roundtrip ticket is 130 Euros.
>
>Does that seem high?  Has anybody found a better (presumably, less
>expensive) alternative.
>
>All best wishes, and thanks in advance -
>
>Charles Ess
>Director, Interdisciplinary Studies Center
>Drury University
>900 N. Benton Ave.                          Voice: 417-873-7230
>Springfield, MO  65802  USA            FAX: 417-873-7435
>Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html
>Co-chair, CATaC 2002: http://www.it.murdoch.edu.au/~sudweeks/catac02/
>
>Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23

Frank Thomas
FTR Internet Research
321, boulevard de la Boissière
93110 Rosny-sous-Bois