[Air-l] Video Game Addiction

muraco one at muraco.org
Sat Oct 19 16:24:08 PDT 2002

hmmm.... I am absolutely fascinated by your definition of "addiction" as
having to include only physiological criteria...
particularly since the a whole slew of illegal "drugs" are considered
"addictive" and this is now purely based on psychological addiction.
Marijuana for example.... and most psychedelics...
and I do not have a copy of DSM-IV handy but I think that text would
disagree with you. Disagree with you completely.

Hmm, and I am also unaware of any study that actually looked for altered
brains in video-game addicts,
so you must know of such a study as you are claiming "no shred of evidence"
was found.
I should like to know about the study that actually looked at these game
users brains. Please cite the study.
And if you are not aware of such a study, I should like you to totally
rethink what you wrote.

Muraco Kyashna-Tocha
Anthropologist
P.O.Box 85325