[Air-l] re: Undergraduate HTML text

Cassandra Van Buren cvb at utah.edu
Sat Oct 26 09:24:23 PDT 2002

Hello,

I teach Intro to Web Design regularly to undergrad Communication majors.
My focus is on design and application-based development, rather than
HTML, figuring that COMM majors are not computer science majors. My
students generally have limited capacity and willingness to work with
code.

That said, I think it's important to introduce students to the basic
structure of HTML so they know there is a lot going on underneath the
WYSIWYG <http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/WYSIWYG.html>  interfaces of
web design applications. This takes one class day, at most. Beyond this,
we work in Dreamweaver for site development.

Here is a link to this semester's syllabus, if you're interested. I hope
it's helpful.

http://www.utah.edu/newmedia/cvb/courses/3510-f02/index.htm

Best,
Cassandra