[Air-l] Maastricht

Nicole Ellison nellison at csustan.edu
Mon Oct 7 10:35:48 PDT 2002

My husband and I were just in Amsterdam for the Argumentation conference,
and we had a great time at the comedy show at Bang Chicago! It's a mostly
improv show that seems to appeal to both tourists and locals-- we sat at a
table with a bunch of Amsterdamers (?) celebrating a workmate's promotion. I
don't recall the address, but it's right on the square near Milkweg (also
recommended, although we didn't get there). Bang Chicago! also offers canal
tours in refurbished old canal boats and says they do advocacy work
regarding the canals although that wasn't evident from our guide, who tossed
his cigarette butts into the water....

But we'd really recommend the show-- some skits were absolutely hilarious.
Be warned that it's in a closed theatre and everyone smokes, so by the end
of the night the air is pretty thick. Also pleasant was De Hoge Veluwe
National Park, about an hour and a half outside the city by train, home to a
small but excellent art museum, an amazing outdoor sculpture garden, and
dozens of free bicycles you can ride around the huge park. Their email
address is informatie at hogeveluwe.nl.

enjoy!
Nicole