[Air-l] Unofficial conference postcard

Maren Hartmann Maren.Hartmann at vub.ac.be
Thu Oct 17 09:17:28 PDT 2002

This is simply to confirm what both Matthew and Radhika just wrote.
As a long-time lurker on this list, a fairly new official member to
AoIR and a first-time attendee to the conference, I should add that
it was an altogether great experience over the last few days. The
papers were interesting, the dancing was fun and most of all the
people were curious, open-minded and interested in often similar
issues. They were also, despite all sentimental talk about the
conferences 1.0 and 2.0 (history in the making ;-), VERY open to any
newbie like me. More importantly maybe, they made clear that all of
us out there can still get involved in the real workings of the
association and/or the organisation of the next conference if we so
want. Now THAT's a promise!!!

The only disadvantage: getting back to work is hard.

All the best,
Maren

--
Maren Hartmann - Researcher @ SMIT - Vrije Universiteit Brussel