[Air-l] EVENT: First Venezuelan Cyborg Festival

Nancy White nancyw at fullcirc.com
Wed Sep 11 14:10:46 PDT 2002

http://www.cyborgfestival.com/

I have been following the development of this event through the eyes of one
of it's organizers, Roberto Aracal, on the http://www.well.com  It has been
heartening to see an intersection of art and the Internet as one form of
response to the political chaos that Venezuela has been facing. I also
found it interesting but totally sensible that there was a category for
online community. I encourage you to pass the information along.

Here is the event information from the organizers:

The III International Arts Festival of  the City of Valencia, Venezuela,
sponsored by the Fundacion para La Cultura and the Mayor’s Office and
Fundación Solaris, a private non-profit organization dedicated to the arts,
is an event whose goals, since inception, have been to show recognized as
well as emerging forms of artistic expression in the City’s public spaces.
The Festival encourages works that span gender, linguistic and disciplinary
backgrounds. This year’s Festival is guided by the same premise, and offers
a new, electronic arts festival to promote and celebrate the use of
information technologies as a new form of artistic expression.

The purpose of the First Cyborg Festival is to stimulate emerging talent
working in cyberspace. This event transcends conventional art boundaries,
linking people and communities who create special encounters that help us
to understand and enhance our life experiences in the twenty-first century.
It will open its doors to creative minds who have made digital technology
an essential tool for communal living; it will be a place for diversity and
freedom of expression.

Nancy White
Full Circle Associates - http://www.fullcirc.com - 206-517-4754