[Air-l] chatrooms

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Tue Sep 10 16:23:41 PDT 2002

> Alternatively, there are many free websites that have java applets
> that will
> allow you to browse IRC networks.  These vary greatly in functionality
> and
> form.  If you are serious about using IRC, I would recommend mIRC for
> windows
> based operating systems or IRCle for Macs.

i recommend athena for macs, xchat for X windows, and pirch for ms
windows.  alternatively IM clients are beginning to territorialize irc
networks, FIRE and Trillian both can do irc.  as an old irc user, i
recognize this as the second coming of aol to irc, but such is life.

jeremy hunsinger
jhuns at vt.edu
on the ibook
www.cddc.vt.edu