[Air-l] verifying onlline information

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 18:39:01 PDT 2002

Re: the recent discussion on verification:

I am actually working on this problem right now, not
so much in terms of verifiable content, but how the
process of locating information on the Web seems to
"be exempt" from scientific processes of
falsification.

See the abstract to my paper on my website (posted
below). I found the following (older) paper very
useful:
Clever Project (1999). "Hypersearching the Web."
Scientific American(June): 54-59.

I have another paper which I can't locate, a metastudy
of evaluative factors in web site useage which I will
post soon.

Denise

=====
"it's easier to use your mouse than your brain"
Denise Rall, Sustainable Forestry Mentoring Coordinator &
PhD student, School of Education, Southern Cross University,
PO Box 157, Lismore, NSW, 2480 Australia
Phone +61-2-6624-8627 Fax +61-2-6624-8637
Office (Tuesdays) (02) 6620 3577 Mob 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/edu/research/deniserall/index.html