[Air-l] Re: chatrooms/ Air-l digest, Vol 1 #491

radhika gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Wed Sep 11 10:27:36 PDT 2002

I used to do something similar to what Ulla seems to be doing (i.e. MOOs
and Palace etc) in my classes on new media 3 years ago
(http://www.cyberdiva.org/erniestuff/courses/45197.html), and in my classes.
In my more recent courses -  on Computer mediated cultures these last
couple semesters - I have been using the virtual chat option in blackboard
and/or the chat option in web-ct (both these have logging functions, so I
get to record and evaluate their discussions) and have assigned them group
topics for discussion based on class readings.