[Air-l] Value of blogshares

Randolph Kluver (Assoc Prof) TRKluver at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Apr 8 18:50:10 PDT 2003

Here is an interesting development, the way in which bloggers are now
finding ways to "authorize" some bloggers with more authority.

"BlogShares came from some analysis I was doing on the nature of
attention on the Web based on power law distributions. In the course, of
doing the experiment I needed an algorithm to define the value of links
and I borrowed my knowledge from how Google does it's PageRank. It
wasn't an exact copy but used the same principal of determining
authority of the linker based on the authority of people which link to
him/her.