[Air-l] Re: conference registration from overseas

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 23:29:49 PDT 2003

Dear AIR'ers -

Possibly I'm the only person who made the mistake of
putting a plus sign in my int'l phone number and had
KAGI reject my registration (gave me a blank page 2,
then hung).

I reccomend the 011 prefix in front of your
international phone number (as if calling your own
phone from the USA), KAGI did fine with that.

=> a culture issue! (of course the plus sign indicates
to others that each country has its own international
access prefix, in Australia this is 0011, but in the
interests of staying with the USA/Canada standard, the
011 worked, so that's what I'm recommending).

Denise

=====
"Stupidity is not just a lack of content; it's also a process"
Denise N. Rall, Sustainable Forestry Mentoring Coordinator &
PhD student, School of Education, Southern Cross University,
PO Box 157, Lismore, NSW, 2480 Australia
Phone +61-2-6624-8627 Fax +61-2-6624-8637
Office (Tuesdays) (02) 6620 3577 Mob 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/edu/research/deniserall/index.html