[Air-l] Cultural issues in Interface design

Charles Ess cmess at lib.drury.edu
Wed Apr 30 06:15:22 PDT 2003

Ewa:

If you have not already done so, you should contact

> Dr. Vanessa Evers
> Assistant Professor
>
> Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
> Dept. of Social Science Informatics (SWI)
> University of Amsterdam
> Roeterstraat 15
> 1018 WB Amsterdam
> the Netherlands
>
> Tel: +31 20 5256795
> Fax: +31 20 5256896
> Email: evers at swi.psy.uva.nl

Dr. Evers presented some excellent work on issues of cultural differences
and interface design at CATaC'98, and continues to research this area.

If you haven't already reviewed the CATaC-related literature on this topic,
please let me know and I'll send you a bibliography and list of researchers
working in this area.

Good luck!  And please think about presenting your findings at CATaC'04!

Cheers,

Charles Ess
Distinguished Research Professor, Interdisciplinary Studies
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.                          Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA            FAX: 417-873-7435
Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html
Co-chair, CATaC: http://www.it.murdoch.edu.au/catac/

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23