[Air-l] question of my day

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Apr 9 15:52:04 PDT 2003

I began to wonder why more social science and humanities people aren't
participating in internet governance and internet engineering task
forces, such as ISOC and IETF and then it really struck me.  Though
there are some there, the real question is why these open groups don't
have more international participants in their highest governance.  has
anyone done demographic work on these organizations other than
themselves, and has anyone done significant work on these institutions
other than themselves?  should we?  given that they, like aoir, are
primarily internet based, the area seems ripe for significant work, and
given most of the data is available, perhaps it is time we start
looking more closely at them as an area of study.

http://www.isoc.org
htt://www.ietf.org

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture