[Air-l] question re implications of always being connected

catherine middleton cmiddlet at ryerson.ca
Wed Apr 16 12:27:44 PDT 2003

Hello,

A student of mine is looking for some references on the social implications
of ubiquitious computing and connectivity. The sort of issue she is
concerned with is the way in which behaviours change (or don't change) when
there is an expectation that people can be contacted at anytime (e.g. via
cell phone or e-mail). This is one of those issues that has been written
about, but it's a bit hard to find without knowing the terminology that was
used when discussing it.

If you can give us any pointers as to where to find discussion of this
topic it would be much appreciated. Please respond to me directly and I
will pass the information along to my student.

Thank you,
catherine middleton