[Air-l] conference publication requirements

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Tue Apr 29 08:45:38 PDT 2003

Jonathan:

The AoIR conference archive is not really a proceedings publication.
Though some publishers have restrictions concerning online
availability of current or previous drafts of publications, AoIR does
not really publish conference papers in this archive, but simply
makes them available, and not publicly but only to members.

We _are_ in the process of putting together research annuals based on
conferences, but in all cases prospective authors are contacted
individually about such publication. (The first volume, including
papers from the three conferences we have held thus far, will, with
luck, be available at the conference in Toronto.)

Participation in the conference is not contingent on sending a full
copy of the paper. We do understand that not everyone will be able to
contribute their papers for existing contractual or other reasons.
Conversely, I have been nearly inundated after past conferences by
those who believe that all presentations should be online in some
form. When authors can't provide us with a full paper, we hope that
they  will at least be able to contribute a summary/outline/slideshow
with references to where people can find more on this research
(especially if in press, related papers available on the web, etc).

I hope this clears up any confusion regarding this matter.

Thanks,
Sj