[Air-l] a curious moo -er

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Sun Apr 20 09:07:41 PDT 2003

yes, people still use them, and people use them with a graphical
interface over them.  the Electronic Literature Organization's chat is
conducted via linguamoo, which is the one I'm more familiar with.
There are certainly many others out there, but I think you have to be
in the right circle.  We have a MOO in hci at vt
http://moosburg.cs.vt.edu/ and one in english and one in the center for
applied technologies in the humanities
http://www.english.vt.edu/~projects/projects.html

i don't have any usage statistics though, which would be nice.  I know
the CATH one is used primarily only for teaching special class periods,
etc.