[Air-l] need citation

Annette Markham amarkham at uic.edu
Sat Apr 5 15:35:42 PST 2003

Dear Colleagues,

I need some citation help.  Regarding Internet access, during the early-mid
'90s, what were some of the more ludicrous (or overly ambitious) popular
press (or academic) predictions about where we would be in ten years, or in
a decade, or in a few years?

Also, where can I get recent statistics regarding the degree of penetration
of Internet capabilities by country?  (such as percentage of those with
home access to the Internet).  Here, I'm not looking for something too
specific; I'm just wanting a citation for a methodology argument I'm making
about the mistaken assumptions researchers can make about broad or full
access to participants for studies.