[Air-l] need citation

Maximilian C. Forte mcforte at kacike.org
Sat Apr 5 22:19:58 PST 2003

Dear Annette,

The sources I have used for Internet access by country, have been largely
those of the World Bank, UNESCO, and ITU.

Often I find that one source is simply a consolidation of data from other
sources, so that I got to the World Bank from NUA Internet Surveys, and so
on.

You might try:

"ICT at a Glance", by country, from the Development Data Group, World Bank.
Available at: http://www.worldbank.org/data/countrydata/countrydata.html.
These figures are based on country background information from UNESCO and
the World Bank; ICT infrastructure and access data from the ITU and UNESCO;
Computers and the Internet, from the ITU and WITSA; ICT expenditures data
from the WITSA; and, ICT business & government environment, World Economic
Forum's Global Competitiveness Report 2001-2002.

Cheers,

Max.