[Air-l] participating in internet governance

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 18:40:28 PDT 2003

Dear AIR'ers -

I do agree with the major premise here that to get
more educated about the 'Net means getting more
involved with governance. Academics are here, aren't
we? to make sure that governments don't go off the
rails (well,per recent events, this isn't a very
strong argument!!!!!!)

After working for 15 years in IT, I also note that the
engineers, like the army, are there very much to 'get
the job done' and engineers usually work to the specs
that are delivered by these advisory boards . . . and
it's important to remember that the social impact
research that's recently been done will help us
deliver our opinions with credibility . . .

FWIW, Denise

=====
"Stupidity is not just a lack of content; it's also a process"
Denise N. Rall, Sustainable Forestry Mentoring Coordinator &
PhD student, School of Education, Southern Cross University,
PO Box 157, Lismore, NSW, 2480 Australia
Phone +61-2-6624-8627 Fax +61-2-6624-8637
Office (Tuesdays) (02) 6620 3577 Mob 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/edu/research/deniserall/index.html