[Air-l] opportunity for publication

Soraj Hongladarom hsoraj at chula.ac.th
Tue Apr 29 20:37:57 PDT 2003

Dear Dr. Sarikakis:

I have read your mail and am thinking that I should try to submit a
paper for the volume. My research has been focused on the role of
culture on aspects of internet use in Thailand. The aim is to find
out what roles do culture plays when the technologies interact with
the local communities in the Third World. Right now I am being
engaged in a project that examines the ethics of the global digital
divide, especially as applied to the development of Thailand. I have
published some articles on this topic, as well as on the cultural
dimensions of internet use. Please see my home page for references.

If you are interested I will discuss the details of the paper later
on. And I would love to hear from you too!

Cheers,
Soraj

>( trying again in ... plain text!)
>
>Dear colleagues,
>
>We are currently preparing an edited volume that examines some of the
>social, cultural and political dimensions of the Internet and we are looking
>for one or two chapters that will offer a critical analysis (preferably
>including original research data) of the use/potential of the Internet for
>development. Ideally we are looking for very well theorised case studies of
>the Internet in broader Asia and/or Africa. However any study related to the
>issues mentioned will be considered.
>
>If you are interested please contact k.sarikakis at coventry.ac.uk as soon as
>possible. You may want to discuss an idea or send a chapter proposal
>directly, please do send a few lines about your research interests and
>publications as well. We would like to solicit the study/ies in the next
>couple of weeks so if you are writing/have just written a relative piece we
>would love to hear from you.
>
>Katharine Sarikakis, Coventry University
>Daya K. Thussu, Goldsmith College

Soraj Hongladarom

Department of Philosophy
Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel. +66 (0) 2218-4756; Fax. +66 (0) 2218-4755
Home page: http://pioneer.chula.ac.th/~hsoraj/web/soraj.html
**International Conference on Information Technology and Universities
in Asia, ITUA 2002** http://pioneer.chula.ac.th/~hsoraj/IT
Science in Thai Culture Project: http://www.stc.arts.chula.ac.th/