[Air-l] Books and authors wanted: AoiR Toronto 2003

Liss Jeffrey ljeffrey at mcluhan.org
Mon Aug 18 10:33:19 PDT 2003

Dear AoiR-ites: The book publishing room promises to be very strong at this
year's conference. Please help support our conference (and your publishers)
by responding to the note below. Francophone authors are especially
encouraged to reply, and with help from working/steering committee member
Eric George (U of Ottawa) we will translate this note soon. It would be
very helpful if you could also directly request that your publishers
support our conference with a donation. Be sure to inform us if you are
doing this, and contact aoir at ecommons.net for details. We are looking for
sponsors for the Welcome reception, coffee breaks and much more. We also
plan to call for book launches to coincide with the conference, and web
sites or projects. Let us know if we can showcase your research work, and
let us see how this might help the conference. Cheers, Liss Jeffrey, PhD
Conference chair.

Dear Colleague,

This year's International Conference of the Association of Internet
Researchers, coming up October 16-19, 2003 in Toronto, will include a book
exhibit specially organized by the LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE.

The book exhibit will bring together recent and significant titles from the
major publishers providing a picture of the "state of the art" in the
field. It will contribute substantially to the intellectual value and
excitement of our conference. If you are an author, this is an excellent
venue to promote your ideas and writings to leaders in the field.

Library of Social Science and the Association of Internet Researchers seek
your input to assist in developing a comprehensive collection of titles
encompassing the full range of topics on the current status and future of
the Internet, and on the implications of online information and
communication systems on science, business, law, medicine, politics,
education and interpersonal relations.

If you are an AUTHOR and wish to have your book included in the display, or
if you wish to recommend titles for inclusion in the exhibit, please
respond by e-mail to MeiHaChan at cs.com or fax to 413-832-8145 providing the
following information:

(1) The title(s) of the book(s) and date(s) of publication.

(2) The name(s) of the publisher(s).

(3) (If you are an author): The name, telephone number and e-mail address
of your contact at each publishing company.

Please be sure to include your own name, telephone number and e-mail
address with the information that you send to us.

Please respond to this e-mail or fax now so that we can begin work to
assure that the book(s) you have authored or suggested are included in the
display.

Thank you very much.

With regards,

Mei Ha Chan
Associate Director, Library of Social Science

P. S. To obtain additional information on the book exhibit, authors or
publishers may call me at 718-393-1075