[Air-l] network density (or just dense!)

Irene Berkowitz Berkowitz at mail.temple.edu
Tue Aug 5 09:04:02 PDT 2003

Denise,

Look at Mapping Cyperspace.  They also have a website.  Not exactly
what you are looking for but certainly will map network density for you
in very interesting terms.  My suggestion is that you look in the
geography and maybe economic literature.  Hope this helps!  Good Luck,
looking forward to seeing your work.  If you have anything interesting
to share at this point, I would be interested.

Thanks,
IB

Irene Berkowitz
Program Director, Curricular Publications and Systems
Office of the Vice Provost
Temple University
tel. 215-204-7596  fax. 215-204 3175
berkowitz at mail.temple.edu

>>> denrall at yahoo.com 08/04/2003 10:19:14 PM >>>
Dear AIR-ers -

I have tried to isolate a seminal text on
communication theory as it relates to the formation of
virtual communities - and failed!

I have read broadly in communication, cyberculture
(particularly from the titles included in the
cyberculture canon list that went around recently) and
anthropology, sociology, education.

Clearly I am missing the forest for the trees and I am
hoping for some light.

Thanks, Denise

=====
"Stupidity is not just a lack of content; it's also a process"
Denise N. Rall, Sustainable Forestry Mentoring Coordinator &
PhD student, School of EnvironSciMgmt, Southern Cross University,
PO Box 157, Lismore, NSW, 2480 Australia
Phone +61-2-6624-8627 Fax +61-2-6624-8637
Office (Tuesdays) (02) 6620 3577 Mob 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/edu/research/deniserall/index.html