[Air-l] digital divide and non-US perspective on web readings

Randolph Kluver (Assoc Prof) TRKluver at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Aug 21 17:40:59 PDT 2003

Ulla,

it will probably be too late for this semester, but forthcoming
(supposed to have been out by now) from RoutledgeCurzon is Asia.com:
Asia Encounters the Internet, full of chapters exactly like what you are
looking for, including the digital divide in Asia, the social and
political consequences of the Internet in various Asian nations,
including Singapore, Malaysia, China, Japan, Korea, India, Indonesia,
etc.
http://www.routledge-ny.com/books.cfm?isbn=0415315034&CFID=1030848&CFTOK
EN=88801308

If you want, I could probably send you one or two early versions of the
chapters in the book, but they won't be the final version.  Look at the
chapter titles, and let me know which ones you would be interested in.

Randolph Kluver
School of Communication and Information
Nanyang Technological University
31 Nanyang Link