[Air-l] online jobsearch aids for grad students

Jonathan Sterne jsterne+ at pitt.edu
Thu Aug 14 20:15:24 PDT 2003

Hi All,

I've become the graduate job placement officer in my department (it's
a communication department), and so I'm looking for suggestions for
good resources online for grad students who are first hitting the
academic job market.  I've already got a bunch compiled, which you're
invited to see and use as you like.  You can find my joblinks page at:

http://www.pitt.edu/~jsterne/joblinks.html OR just go to
http://www.pitt.edu/~jsterne and hit the "joblinks" link.

My department only produces students in rhetorical or media studies
-- no social scientists, orgcom, interpersonal, or media
professionals.  So the page is geared toward that audience, and I'm
really only interested in links that would be useful to humanistic
comm scholars going out on the job market for the first time.

If you have suggestions, you can send them directly to me at jsterne at pitt.edu

Thanks for reading.

--Jonathan