[Air-l] Report from AoiR Toronto 2003

Liss Jeffrey ljeffrey at mcluhan.org
Mon Aug 18 09:18:57 PDT 2003

Dear Aoir-ites: Here is my monthly report.

Things are heating up here in Toronto as we prepare for the conference (and
I do not just mean the heated aftermath of the blackout - nice try, blaming
Canada for the outage!). Seneca College has generously donated funds, and
we are hoping that all of you will ask your universities, faculties,
institutes or publishers to do the same. All sponsors will be recognized at
the event, on the web site, and in our printed materials. I am pleased to
report that we have a new version of the conference Program online,  ( http
://www.ecommons.net/aoir/aoir2003/index.php?d= )  so do check on your paper
and panel. Roomates are saving money on their rooms with the help of our
roommate finder forum online (http://www.ecommons.net/aoir/p/list.php?f=2 )
and some of the pre conference workshops are now listed online
(http://www.ecommons.net/aoir/conference.phtml#pre ). There are more free
events coming soon so try and come to Toronto early so that you can attend
the October 15th events. The birds of a feather groups are starting to meet
online ( http://www.ecommons.net/aoir/p/list.php?f=3 ) and this affinity
group organizing promises to strengthen the topical networks for Internet
Researchers. If you want to help out, please contact us at
aoir at ecommons.net  Have a great rest of summer. Liss Jeffrey, PhD, AoiR
2003 Conference Chair.