[Air-l] digital divide reading for syllabus

myildiz at indiana.edu myildiz at indiana.edu
Fri Aug 22 04:13:01 PDT 2003

Dear Ulla,

My colleague Dr. Kaya Bensghir and I very recently wrote a conference article
entitled "Combatting Digital Divide by Using Internet Cafes as a Public Policy
Tool (in Turkey)". It is an academic article, but not a very long one; and it
contains the first nation-wide field research on Internet-cafes as a public
policy tool to narrow digital divide. It is my understanding that it satisfies
both 1 and 2. Let me know if you are interested in looking at it for potential
use in your syllabus and I will send you the latest draft.

Best regards,

Mete

Mete Yýldýz
Ph.D. Candidate and Visiting Lecturer
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Ýndiana University, Bloomington