[Air-l] how to measure participation rates

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Tue Dec 2 09:34:02 PST 2003

I found this enormously challenging and it required a lot more
backstage work than it merited paragraphs in the write up. I saved
all the messages to a file and had a programmer write me a program (I
think it was awk) to pull out the posters and tabulate how many each
address sent. I was lucky to have good programmers willing to help
out for free. Doing it manually would not have been worth it. Nancy

--
Nancy Baym	http://www.ku.edu/home/nbaym
Communication Studies, University of Kansas